DNA+LOVE Guest Blogging: How to Tell Your Story Here!
Seeking Guest Bloggers! Do you have a story to share about your experiences with family built with DNA and/or LOVE? We’d love to hear it!
DNA+LOVE was created as a storytelling blog that features captivating stories of unearthing surprises revealed by DNA tests for genetics and ancestry, families finding long-lost family members, stories about adoptions and donor conception, and many other fascinating and unique family situations. Sometimes our stories are full of love, other times heartache, many times both, but always compelling.
This site was created to be that community where we can tell our authentic stories of family...sometimes made with DNA, sometimes with LOVE, and sometimes with DNA+LOVE. And we would LOVE to have your DNA+LOVE story represented here. You never know who you’ll inspire with your vulnerability and stories about your experiences.
Read on to find out more about how to become a Guest Blogger on DNA+LOVE. If you’re ready to participate (you can even have your story posted anonymously or using a pen name!), click on over and share your story here.
The Topics We Cover on DNA+LOVE
If you have a guest post idea that is not included on this list but you feel would be a good fit for our blog, please submit your ideas as all relevant topics are welcome!
- Surprises discovered from DNA tests
- Unearthing long-buried family secrets after DNA tests
- Interesting stories about genetics, ancestry, or ethnicity from DNA tests
- Finding long-lost family members
- Adoptions and topics about adoptees experiences
- Adoptees finding their biological family members and biological family members seeking individuals placed for adoption
- Traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy
- Donor conceived individuals or those who donate eggs/sperm to others
- How-to guides on using DNA tests for various purposes, including how to find long-lost family members
- DNAdventures – travel adventures inspired by DNA tests, ancestry, and connecting with family history and relatives
- Research and media articles on DNA tests and family specific topics
Potential Benefits of Submitting your Story to DNA+LOVE
All submissions that are published will include your credits and a link to your website or social media page (unless you choose to remain anonymous or use a pen name/pseudonym).
Your stories will reach DNA+LOVE readers from all over the world.
Your stories will inspire, inform, educate, and entertain others who are interested in hearing your “voice” and experiences.
Suggestions for Writing
Be creative. Use a fresh, approachable voice. Utilize emotion to connect with your audience. Be willing to show some vulnerability. Utilize humor where possible. Use compelling storytelling techniques. You have an audience, reach them in all the wonderful ways you know how.
Length of guest blogs can vary, depending on content, writing style, flow, and audience engagement. Guest Bloggers work with the Editor of DNA+LOVE to determine the best length.
Edit your work for correct spelling and grammar. If you have a grammar nerd friend or family member (and don’t we all – ha!) trade them a cup of fancy coffee or glass of wine to review your work. Grammarly is a great free and/or paid resource you can use to make sure your work is technically well developed.
Be mindful of privacy. Guest Bloggers must protect the privacy of individuals by changing the names of anyone written about who is currently alive and/or anyone who was born within 120 years of submission of Guest Blogging content. Obvious details that may identify living people must be de-identified.
Step-by-Step to Getting Your Story Published on DNA+LOVE
1. Submit your idea by going to this webpage and completing the form.
2. Expect to hear from us within a week or two of our having received your form. If we don't accept your article, you may or may not hear from us, depending on how crowded our inbox is.
3. If your story is chosen for publication, you will be contacted with more information, story guidelines, and a guest blogger agreement.
4. You will be asked to submit your story within 10 days of contact.
5. Posts that are accepted to be published on DNA+LOVE will have editing for clarity, grammar, flow, and privacy protection of those written about within post. Site Owner may make suggestions for edits for Guest Blogger to perform.
6. Once we both agree on the final post, it will be shared on the DNA+LOVE blog.
7. We will ask you to share a link to the post via friends, family, social media, and other outlets.
Now, are you ready to submit your idea??? We’d love to hear from you. Click here to get started.